Divinely Prepared By The Noble DREW ALI
9. And Jesus said, “Do you not know that I must be about my Father’s work?”
10. But He went round and pressed the hand of every doctor of the law and said: “I trust that we meet again.”
11. And then he went forth with his parents on their way to Nazareth; and when they reached their home He wrought with Joseph as a carpenter.
12. One day as He was bringing forth the tools for work he said:
13. “These tools remind me of the ones we handle in the workshop of the mind where things are made of thought and where we build up character.
14. We use the square to measure all our lines, to straighten out the crooked places of the way, and make the corners of our conduct square.
15. We use the compass to draw circles around our passions and desires to keep them in the bounds of righteousness.
16. We use the axe to cut away the knotty, useless and ungainly parts and make the character symmetrical.
17. We use the hammer to drive home the truth, and pound it in until it is a part of every part.
18. We use the plane to smooth the rough, uneven surfaces of joint, and block, and board that go to build the temple for the truth.
19. The chisel, line, the plummet and the saw all have their uses in the workshop of the mind.
20. And then this ladder with its trinity of steps, faith, hope and love; on it we climb up to the dome of purity in life.
21. And on the twelve step ladder, we ascend until we reach the pinnacle of that which life is spent to build the Temple of Perfected Man.”